Thursday 5 December 2013

Group 8: Advert Development

  • This week I have completed my advert for NME magazine.
  • I researched what a typical album advert looks like by looking at other artists and their adverts and taking the conventions and putting similar aspects in to my advert.

  • Firstly I looked at the text that other adverts included and incorporated certain aspects for example:
  • The name of the band and song or album.
  • The website.
  • Release date.
  • Record Label.
  • Critics Review.
  • The photo shown below is an advert that was in NME for another band they follow some of the conventions that I have chosen.


  • Secondly I Looked at the type of photograph that was used, a lot of the adverts were of the band which was different to our theme but of the adverts that had photos linked with their videos the majority included shots of scenery and surroundings so I took a photo that incorporated both scenery and the boy.


  • Lastly I looked at different effects, this was challenging because there is such a wide variety of differences in the type of colour grading and effects used. I chose to stick to the colours that we have incorporated in our digipak and our production. A yellow tint in the digipak along with a soft purple bubble effect that can be seen in our  production.


No comments:

Post a Comment